Kenn Schroder, Web Designer for Coaches
I work with professional coaches such as business, leadership, career, and health coaches. My 2013 goal is to help 100 coaches build 100 websites that generate 10 new clients each.
My Story and My Whys
Coaches love what they do and want to ‘make it’ in business. They want to serve others and earn enough to live their own desired lifestyle. They struggle with marketing, especially in presenting what they do online at their websites. It’s overwhelming, scary, and daunting. They want it to be beautiful, attractive, and engaging but worry about doing it wrong, wasting time, and throwing away money.
I know, first hand, what it’s like to build a site that doesn’t work. I’ve done over 20 times for my own business. Well, it’s not that they didn’t work, it’s that they “worked” to some degree or other – but it was years before I arrived at a website that really helped me get new clients.
And so, I do what I do to: help others who need it, enjoy work I enjoy, be able to travel, use my talents, earn an income to support life, to be challenged, and to be around coaches as there’s a little coach inside me getting read to come out.
World Wide Web Design Gallivanting
Clients love that my business lets me work anywhere at anytime. That flexibility is something they seek as well. One client’s project was actually completed during extended stays in Paris, Mexico, and New York.
L’Etoile de Montmartre - “The Star”, a cute little café, was home-base for getting work done abroad in Paris. Chocolate croissants, espresso, and making friends with the natives!
Co-work in Buenos Aires – I tried co-working, asado (bbq with lots of meats), and Tango in Argentina. I went when it was winter in NY. So in effect, I had three summers back to back. That was nice.
Abroad in Puerto Vallarta – Though web wise I am, in this sunset-blessed beach town of Mexico, I failed to convince this young entrepreneur to sell his springy animals online.
The Key to My Designing
The key lies in the question, “How do coaches get clients?”
- by getting seen by prospects
- by growing relationships
- by gaining people’s trust
- by looking like a pro
- by being likeable
- by learning clients’ challenges
- by making it easy to enroll
- by helping people take action
- by sharing success stories
- by having a success process
- by communicating clearly
- by being present, authentic
And here’s how websites help you do that:
- by not being flashy
- by getting you visible
- by showing you understand
- by highlighting benefits
- by showcasing testimonials
- by getting visitors to act
- by motivating visitors
- by boosting your credibility
- by growing relationships
- by educating visitors
- by keeping in touch positively
Education / Experience
- Trial & Error 2000-Now – Marketing, selling, content creation, SEO
- Author / Publisher 2010-11 – Two ebooks on websites and marketing
- Hendricks Institute 2002 – Web design, graphic design, e-commerce
- SUNY Binghamton 1994 – Math, computers, art
- Actuary 1994-2001 – Insurance mathematics, New York City
- That kid – I also scooped ice cream at Friendly’s and ran a paper route ;D
Thanks for taking the time to learn about me.
If you are a coach looking to fill your practice with clients in the next six months and you want a professional website with the marketing tools to market your business, learn more about who I work with: Is this you?NEXT: Is this you?